Entrance to our MSc programmes is strongly competitive. You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements.
You will need a UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree from a good university in one of the subjects below, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
- An undergraduate degree in a business or management related subject is normally required.
- Candidates with degrees in social sciences, communications, public relations and media or arts related fields will also be considered.
- Those with a very good Honours degree in other disciplinary areas will be considered provided that they have studied a degree with some marketing related content.
- Applications from mature students with significant marketing management experience or acceptable professional qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
Supporting your application
- Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
All applicants must also meet our English language requirements.
Months of entry
The MSc in Marketing provides students with a critical appreciation of marketing through a comprehensive range of academically grounded courses.
Students are provided with an in-depth understanding of the theoretical foundations of marketing alongside current and emerging practitioner applications in many areas such as marketing management, the analysis of marketing decisions, consumer behaviour, and marketing research methods.
In addition, the programme's flexible structure allows students to study aspects of marketing related to their interests such as marketing communications, product and brand management and international marketing.
The programme aims to produce critical, reflective practitioners as it emphasises the integration of theory and practice with the skills and knowledge required by employers and is designed for those wishing to pursue a successful marketing career in the public or private sector.
Information for international students
To find out about the support offered to international student at Edinburgh from arrival to graduation visit: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MSc Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 131 650 9663