Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A degree with an overall 2.2 in a discipline related to economics such as: Economics, Maths, Engineering, Finance, Physics or any other degree with a strong maths component.
The Degree should contain some economics components including Macroeconomics; Microeconomics or Econometrics.
Months of entry
Our MSc Management Economics trains you to use economics in managerial decisions and in the analysing of strategic interaction among firms. We combine theory and applications to provide you with a unique combination of business knowledge and economic skills.
Upon completion of our course you will be able to think strategically and will be equipped to discuss economic theory in plain language, relating it to managerial decisions and market intelligence. You explore topics including:
- Contract theory, incentive theory, and the theory of the firm
- Real-world management decision-making
- The interaction between firms in different market structures
- How strategic interactions can affect sales and profitability
- The main principles and theories of modern microeconomics.
We are top 5 in the UK for research, with over 90% rated as “world-leading” or “internationally excellent”. Much of this world-class research is related to policy, and we have particular strengths in the areas of:
- Game theory and strategic interactions
- Theoretical and applied econometrics
- Economic policy.
The quality of our work is reflected in our stream of publications in high-profile academic journals, including American Economic Review, Econometrica, and Review of Economic Studies.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries