A degree with an overall grade of 2.2.
Months of entry
Our MSc Management Economics trains you to use economics in managerial decisions and in the analysing of strategic interaction among firms. We combine theory and applications to provide you with a unique combination of business knowledge and economic skills.
Upon completion of our course you will be able to think strategically and will be equipped to discuss economic theory in plain language, relating it to managerial decisions and market intelligence. You explore topics including:
- Contract theory, incentive theory, and the theory of the firm
- Real-world management decision-making
- The interaction between firms in different market structures
- How strategic interactions can affect sales and profitability
- The main principles and theories of modern microeconomics
We are top 5 in the UK for research, with over 90% rated as “world-leading” or “internationally excellent”. Much of this world-class research is related to policy, and we have particular strengths in the areas of:
- Game theory and strategic interactions
- Theoretical and applied econometrics
- Economic policy
The quality of our work is reflected in our stream of publications in high-profile academic journals, including American Economic Review, Econometrica, and Review of Economic Studies.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
We offer many funding opportunities to support talented postgraduates, ranging from research council studentships and University scholarships to awards funded by charities and other external organisations. For more information, visit our website at: www.essex.ac.uk.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate Administrator
- +44 (0)1206 872647