Please be aware that we are not able to accept applications for deferred entry for this course.
You should have:
- An honours degree, the minimum classification: Lower Second (2.2)
- For those students for whom English is not your native language, you need to successfully complete the IELTS testing with a score of 7.0 or above, with no element below 6.5.
- Successful performance at interview
- Evidence of recent academic study (By this we mean a course or module with an assessable component taken in the last 5 years)
You must also have: two satisfactory references (including an academic reference and a work based one), a satisfactory Work Health Assessment/Occupational health check and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS formerly known as CRB) – both of these are organised by the University.
Months of entry
Our MSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration) programme helps you to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes to enable you to work with clients of all ages who have physical, mental health or learning difficulties. If you already have a degree, and have carried out some relevant experience, then this programme could be your route into occupational therapy.
This pre-registration course is a two-year accelerated programme which enables you to take advantage of interprofessional learning (IPL), encouraging professionals to learn with and from each other – an understanding that helps to ensure you have the expertise to respond adequately and effectively to the complexity of your clients’ needs, and ensures that care is safe, seamless and of a high standard.
Central to the philosophy of our programme is the value attached to ‘occupation’ and ‘activity’ as a means to achieving the health and wellbeing of individuals, which enhances their quality of life, thus enabling them to achieve their desired goals.
Information for international students
IELTS 7.0 with a minimum component score of 6.5
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Graduate Administrator
- +44 (0)1206 872719