Academic entry route
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our Master of Public Health (MPH), you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Work experience entry route
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our Master of Public Health (MPH), you must meet the following criteria:
- at least three years’ experience in a relevant health field, supported by appropriate references.
Months of entry
April, July, October
Our online Master of Public Health students aren’t just studying a degree – they are changing the world around them. Designed with busy health professionals in mind, this programme will provide you with an ideal foundation to develop as an effective public health professional.
Through our programme you’ll gain a critical understanding of the key concepts underlying global public health. You’ll explore a variety of public health areas such as how public health is dealt with across the globe. You’ll be able to discuss the trends in diseases that affect global health and what it means for where you work.
Throughout this course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
- contemporary models and strategies to guide the design of effective health promotion activities
- public health challenges of interest facing the global population
- process of and application of techniques for population health needs assessment
- the principles and methods of epidemiology with a particular focus on public health perspectives
- the theory and practice of key personal development skills relevant to the healthcare domain
Finally, you’ll get a chance to put what you have learnt into practise when you undertake an independent research project in your dissertation.
Fees and funding
10% anniversary scholarship available for students who enrol from 1 July 2023.
20% impact scholarship available for our April 2024 intake.
Learn more about our discounts and scholarships here.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1206 489 358