Academic entry route
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Cert Public Health, you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Work experience entry route
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Cert Public Health, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least three years’ experience in a relevant health field, supported by appropriate references
Months of entry
January, February, April, May, July, September, October
Do you want to gain a better understanding of public health? Are you keen to understand how you can improve the public health issues in your sector? Then our short online Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health could be the starting point you are looking for.
Through our course you’ll be able to learn how to assess the health needs of your own workplace. You’ll also be able to develop skills in priority setting and understand the theory and evidence of promoting public health.
If you are looking to study a qualification that will help your progress in your chosen career then this course will develop your knowledge and skills to progress.
Throughout this course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
- contemporary models and strategies to guide the design of effective health promotion activities
- public health challenges of interest facing the global population
- process of and application of techniques for population health needs assessment
Upon completion of your PG Cert Public Health, we offer the opportunity for you to progress on to study for a PG Dip Public Health (120 credits) or a Master of Public Health (MPH) (180 credits).
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time8 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1206 489 358