Here at the University of Essex Online, we believe that education should be accessible to all. That is why we offer both an academic and work-based experience route onto our PG Dip Psychology. Additionally, you will need to pass your first assignment set within your two-week induction period of the course in order to continue your studies.
Academic entry route
You must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Work experience entry route
You must meet the following criteria:
- at least 3 years’ experience (voluntary or paid) within a relevant field, supported by 2 appropriate references. A relevant field may include one in Health, Mental Health, Social services, Counselling services, Schools and Education, Policing, Data analysis and Statistics. This is not an exhaustive list and will be reviewed on an individual basis by the academic team.
English language requirement
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Months of entry
April, July, October
Pursue your professional interests in psychology and enrol on a PG Dip course today. This 100% online course allows you to fit learning around your current commitments and gives you the ability your understanding of psychology and develop indispensable skills for your future career in the field.
On this course, you will be introduced to a wide range of psychological areas, including:
- essential human development milestones, such as infancy, childhood, adolescence and adulthood
- the philosophy and history of psychology inquiry
- psychobiology and neuropsychology: research principles
- quantitative and qualitative research methods used in data collection and analysis
Once you have completed your course, you can take the exciting opportunity to advance onto our MSc Psychology.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time16 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries team