2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject, however some prior studies in the area of accounting and finance is desirable.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
Corporate Governance & Accountability will give you a theoretical and practical understanding of corporate governance and accountability, together with an international perspective on some of the most important issues facing global business and society today.
- Good corporate governance promotes fairness in the economy and is essential in modern society. This programme will teach you about the main principles of finance and governance, the relationship between state, society and business and also aspects of business law, management and ethics.
- You will gain a detailed understanding of why corporate governance has become important, what the challenges are to enforce it and how it has changed over time.
- You will develop a good understanding of best practice in accounting and by the end of the programme have an ability to critically challenge accounting practices through a case study approach.
- Your studies will balance theory, research and business related examples to enable you to develop analytical skills needed for the effective management of governance and accountability in complex environments.
- You will learn how to manage and control the risks involved in organisations.
- Classes on key courses are small, to facilitate an interactive learning environment.
- This programme will be of interest if you are considering a career in the ethical or compliance functions of businesses, such as those in internal audit and the compliance and assurance service sector, including relevant management consultancy. It will also be of interest to non-financial managers who find themselves taking on compliance roles.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited www.gla.ac.uk/schools/business/aboutus/accreditationsandrankings/
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
International applicants (from beyond the EU) are required to pay a deposit of £2000 when an offer is made.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions