2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, physics, or another highly mathematical discipline.
Months of entry
This programme focuses on key macroeconomic and microeconomic forces which shape and influence financial markets. These elements are fundamental for financial decision making and draw on the most recent developments in these areas. It is also designed to provide a thorough understanding of the functioning of financial markets and monetary policy.
- Financial Economics will provide you with rigorous training in macroeconomics, microeconomics and quantitative methods, and develop your understanding of financial theory and empirical applications.
- You will learn how macroeconomic factors, such as monetary and fiscal policy, growth and risk, interact and influence financial markets and the pricing of financial assets, such as stocks and bonds.
- You will develop a strong understanding of the functioning of financial markets and the channels through which monetary policy decisions affect them. You are taught to analyse the market both technically and fundamentally.
- You will develop your expertise in topics relevant with financial markets, empirical and quantitative finance, macro and microeconomics, and international applied economics.
- We are now partners with Bloomberg Experiential Learning. The ELP program recognises and celebrates academic institutions that are leaders in experiential learning through the integration of Bloomberg terminal exercises into curriculum.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with 2 sub-tests at 6.5 and 2 sub-tests at 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details