Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in business, management or another subject with a quantitative focus.
Months of entry
Fast-moving trends in technology and banking have altered the landscape for those seeking to make an impact in the world of finance. The MSc Financial Technology provides an advanced education in the multiple converging skills and knowledge bases that are required by the organisations of the future.
Why this programme?
- Glasgow is emerging as one of the UK’s leading FinTech hubs; it is well positioned to offer a unique business network and industry connections.
- Students will benefit from a multi-disciplinary learning experience – this programme is delivered collaboratively by the internationally renowned Schools of Business, Law and Computing Science.
- The core of the programme emphasises the development of critical and systems thinking regarding the extraction of meaning from information in a business and legal setting.
- It aims to highlight recent technological developments in financial markets and identify the wide array of their new applications, e.g. big data, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, peer-to-peer lending, crowdfunding, and robo-advising, inter alia.
- Graduates will become enlightened, enterprising and engaged with new processes around the management of risk, uncertainty and human performance in a rapidly changing global business and finance marketplace.
- The Adam Smith Business School’s mission is to sustain and foster a place of outstanding quality, research-led and professionally-focused, bringing together inspiring people for the purposes of research, learning and teaching, and engaging with corporate and policy connections, with impact locally and globally.
- The MSc Financial Technology programme embodies the School’s mission through drawing on current applied research expertise and insights into professional practice in finance and enterprise, equipping students to contribute to this sector through their studies and become leaders in subsequent professional practice.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dominic Chalmers