An applicant requires a minimum 2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject. Prior work experience is encouraged but not required. This is a Generalist degree for students who have no previous studies in the area of Business and Management. Those students who do have previous students in a relevant field of study are advised to consider one of our Specialist degrees: International Business & Entrepreneurship, International Management & Leadership and International Strategic Marketing International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme provides a detailed understanding of modern business principles, including financial information management, managing people in organisations, marketing and strategy.
- You will work with a peer group of like-minded students at a similar stage in their management development, and with complementary interests and ambitions.
- It is an engaging and stimulating learning experience, with staff and students coming together in a vibrant postgraduate community.
- The University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by developing enlightened and enterprising graduates and internationally recognised research with real socio-economic impact.
- The University of Glasgow Business School is an accredited member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
You will take six core courses, two optional courses and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a project, dealing with a topical management issue. There are also non-assessed, compulsory workshop programmes, involving participation in a series of reflective learning exercises that include induction events, strategic case analysis and debates.
The taught courses comprise a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials, simulations, fieldwork and project work, both in groups and individually.
- Business management and decision making
- Delivering performance
- Financial information management
- Marketing management
- People in organisations
- Strategic management.
- American business and management in an international context
- Analytical marketing
- Business environment in China
- Business planning
- Contemporary issues in human resources management
- Digital transformation
- E-marketing strategy
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Influencing skills
- Management in the creative industries.
Information for international students
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. IELTS: overall score 6.5; no sub-test less than 6.0. ibTOEFL: 92; no sub-test less than 22 with Speaking no less than 23
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School