2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject. Prior work experience is encouraged but not required. This is a generalist degree for students who have no previous experience in the area of business and management. Those students who do have previous studies in a relevant field of study are advised to consider one of our specialist degrees:
- International Business & Entrepreneurship
- International Management & Leadership
- International Strategic Marketing
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme is for graduates from non-business related disciplines who want to develop an understanding of modern business principles, including financial information management, managing people in organisations, marketing and strategy.
- You will gain a detailed understanding of modern business principles, including financial information management, managing people in organisations, marketing and strategy.
- The programme will offer you an advanced introduction to the latest management thinking, while cultivating essential management skills through practical exercises, applied projects and innovative workshops.
- It will equip you with the skills and knowledge to move into a management career with international or multinational corporations. It will also provide you with an overview of the field of business and management, enabling you to take a fast track route towards challenging management positions.
- Personal development sessions that will help you develop the skills necessary for success both at University and beyond.
- Classes will offer practical scenarios and exercises that will refine your interpretive abilities and encourage innovative thinking.
You will take a series of core and optional courses and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a project, dealing with a topical management issue. There are also non-assessed, compulsory workshop programmes, involving participation in a series of reflective learning exercises that include induction events, strategic case analyses and debates. The taught courses comprise a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials, simulations, fieldwork and project work, both in groups and individually.
- Business management and decision making
- Delivering performance
- Dimensions of international business and management
- Financial information management
- Marketing management
- People in organisations
- Strategic management.
Optional courses may include
- Analytical marketing
- Business environment in China
- Digital transformation
- E-marketing strategy
- Influencing skills.
MSc programmes emphasise reflective learning, active participation, and the development of interpretive, evaluative and problem-solving abilities which provide benefits for employers and enhance the career prospects of our graduates. Many students have taken fast track routes to senior positions such as Development Executive, Client Services Manager, and Sales and Marketing Director. Some international companies which have appointed our graduates include Siemens, Citigroup, and Procter and Gamble.
Our dedicated College of Social Sciences Employability Officer works with students to enhance their employability.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
The Masters programme in Management provides a detailed understanding of modern business principles, including financial information management, managing people in organisations, marketing and strategy.
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School