2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in business, management, engineering or related social science or science subject, with at least 20% of courses in organisational behaviour and/or psychology, leadership, employee relations, human resource management, organisational change or learning and personnel development. Those who do not have this level of relevant knowledge and who would like to pursue further studies in the area of HRM are advised to apply for the MSc Management with Human Resources.
Months of entry
If you want to develop your career in Human Resource Management (HRM) or Human Resource Development (HRD) then this programme is for you. It combines theory and practice which allows you to develop a comprehensive knowledge of contemporary human resource management and human resource development within an international context.
- International Human Resource Management and Development is accredited by the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD). You will automatically become a CIPD student member and get access to the world’s largest collection of online HR learning and development resources.
- You will develop skills and knowledge in both Human Resource Management (HRM) and Human Resource Development (HRD) enabling you to specialise your career in either field.
- The programme is underpinned by the concepts of reflective practice, experiential learning, and critical thinking where you will learn through doing, reflection and applying theory to practice.
- Teaching is research led, drawing on our faculty’s wide-ranging expertise in Human Resource Management and related fields.
- You will develop both leadership and management skills, including how to negotiate and positively influence people, make decisions, and manage change.
- You will be given opportunities to enhance your communication skills through group discussions, presentations, and case study work. Class sizes are small to facilitate discussion.
- The programme contextualises HRM and HRD within the international workplace which enables you to better understand contemporary global issues and challenges. This includes the role of HR in addressing UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- You will have opportunities to develop a career portfolio and build your continuous professional development (CPD) plan specific to your own interests and professional circumstances.
- You will benefit from the first-hand expertise of HR practitioners and academics with practical managerial experience in a wide variety of contexts.
- You can take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
Information for international students
- 6.5 with 2 sub-tests at 6.5 and 2 sub-tests at 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions