2.1 or equivalent in a relevant Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of one year of professional experience in an international or internationally-facing (eg national ministry) organisation.
Additional documents required for application
You are required to submit a 300-word personal statement with an explanation of relevant work experience.
Months of entry
The International & Comparative Education Masters degree promotes an interdisciplinary and critical approach to education for students interested in the fields of international education, comparative education and international development. Education is more than ever a global issue that requires international and comparative perspectives.
- This MSc programme draws on theories and methods from the social sciences and the humanities field and applies them to critically analyse global topical issues in international and comparative education.
- Our mentoring scheme offers the opportunity to develop professional networks and to acquire and apply practical skills for the world of work in international organisations, global cooperation agencies, and national departments that take an international perspective on education.
- The teaching team combines expertise and research experience in many parts of the world, including North, South and Central America; Southeast Asia; Sub-Saharan Africa; the Arab World; and Western and Eastern Europe.
- Students enhance their methodological and analytical skills by developing their own research projects on topics and research contexts of their choice.
- Pedagogies and classroom dynamics are designed to maximise peer learning opportunities, the relevance to students’ interests and their control of the learning process.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with no subtests under 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details