- A 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent
- Transcripts/degree certificate
- Two references
Months of entry
January, December, November, October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February
The School of Physics and Astronomy is a vibrant centre of research in a wide range of fields. Our research is highly rated and our research groups are internationally renowned for their work.
We are looking for smart, enthusiastic PhD UK/EU applicants to take up funded places in:
- Quantum Imaging (making images from light that has never seen the object)
- Quantum Storage (using cold atoms to store quantum images)
- Optics research group
Start dates are set by both the supervisor and the department. As such some PHD options will have fixed start dates (likely January/October) and others have a rolling intake. For more details please contact the relevant department.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
We have PhD and MSc by research studentships provided by:
- UK research councils such as (STFC and EPSRC), primarily designed for UK residents.
- SUPA prize scholarships which pay all fees and living expenses, open to outstanding candidates irrespective of nationality or residency.
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details