Anyone with a relevant professional qualification and a first degree or equivalent may apply. Applicants should normally have 2 years experience post qualification.
Months of entry
Online learning at the University of Glasgow allows you to benefit from the outstanding educational experience that we are renowned for, without having to relocate to our campus.
Recent Government and NHS reports highlight the importance of effective leadership in ensuring that health and social care is delivered to the highest standard. This programme is aimed at professionals in Health and Social Care wishing to develop skills in leadership. Students will be encouraged to think critically about health and social care provision with a key focus on leadership, management and the economic landscape.
- This programme will provide you with opportunities to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, expertise in critical appraisal, and the ability to lead and innovate in your area of practice.
- The programme reflects the need for professionals in health and social care to develop leadership skills in a dynamic health and social care environment to ensure quality care delivery.
- The involvement of key people in leadership roles including the NHS and Scottish Government in both the planning and delivery will ensure that the programme has both currency and relevance.
- You will have an opportunity to develop an understanding of economic assessment and explore approaches to managing budgets and balancing financial constraints with quality provision.
Find out more about core and optional courses
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time10 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This programme is delivered by a blended learning approach. Students will be required to attend the University of Glasgow for one full day for each 20 credit course.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions