This is a part-time programme for practising teachers and registration with the General Teaching Council is mandatory.
Months of entry
This programme covers the major elements of teacher leadership and learning in schools and is designed to provide teachers with a critical understanding of the principles underpinning (teacher / middle) leadership and management. It will create structured and coherent opportunities to apply these principles to your own practice.
The programme adopts research-informed, enquiry led approaches to develop competence and confidence to lead teaching and learning to achieve the ambitions of Curriculum for Excellence. There is a focus on collaborative learning, drawing upon your own experiences and those of your academic colleagues.
- This programme is designed for teachers who wish to develop skills and knowledge as a leader of learning.
- You will develop your skills as a leader of learning in the classroom and beyond.
- The opportunity to deepen your knowledge of pedagogic/teacher leadership.
- You will be able to progress into a leadership role in an education setting.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details