2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants should be fully registered with the General Teaching Council and have access to a suitable work environment.
Additional documents required for this programme: a GTCS certificate, a CV and a reference letter (e.g. from your Head Teacher).
Months of entry
This programme is designed for practising teachers who are either in or aspiring to leadership roles in education. The programme will cover the major elements of leadership, management and education and is designed to provide you with a critical understanding of the principles underpinning leadership and management.
- The Scottish Government’s ambitious aspiration is that teachers should have opportunities to engage in high quality professional learning to enhance the achievement of all pupils. A key element of this programme is practice-focused learning to facilitate a culture of professional enquiry where teachers collaborate with colleagues in developing innovative practice to meet the learning needs of pupils.
- The programme provides a coherent framework for leadership development at all levels. With the introduction of Professional Update, the University of Glasgow offers a flexible programme for all teachers at different stages of their career. There is a focus on collaborative, enquiry-orientated learning, drawing on your own experiences and those of your academic colleagues to bring about improvement.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with no subtests under 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part timeupto 60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details