A 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject.
Months of entry
This distance learning programme will provide you with exciting opportunities to develop critical knowledge and skills associated with learning in and through museums and galleries. Building on your academic, professional and personal experiences and qualifications, it will deepen your social, cultural, historical and philosophical understanding of museum education.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- This fully online programme is ideal for those who work in museums and galleries, education, cultural heritage and other related sectors, as well as for those who wish to enter this field. The only distance learning programme of its kind in the UK, it offers high quality, fully supported online distance learning on a flexible part-time basis.
- The programme utilises a virtual, interactive learning environment incorporating film, blogs, podcasts, forums and feeds. Engaging in a stimulating online community, you will participate in analysis, critique and discussion of current research, practices, provision and policies.
- Engaging in the programme and its online forums gives you the unique opportunity to access experts, academics, peers and museum collections located around the world, comparing practices, pedagogies and policies in order to expand and extend your knowledge of museum education.
- The programme includes a placement in a setting relevant to your expertise and interests. Benefiting from the extensive programme network of museum experts, you will be supported to secure a suitable setting where you will have the opportunity to put theoretical ideas and learning into practice.
- In addition to the vast and varied expertise of academic staff at the University of Glasgow, the programme also draws on the expertise of Scottish and international museum-based specialists.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with no subtests under 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions