A second class honours degree or equivalent in a related subject area:
- Biotechnology or
although applicants with a degree in other areas may be considered. Professional experience may also be taken into account.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This new programme offers an expansion of our already successful MSc in biotechnology into industrial biotechnology and business management, jointly run with Adam Smith Business School.
- Ranked world top 100 for Biological Sciences.
- If you wish to improve your knowledge of modern molecular, biochemical, cell biological and genetic techniques for biotechnological applications, this programme is designed for you.
- You will gain a sound understanding of the nature of business based on bioscience knowledge and research, opportunities for innovation and regulatory requirement constraints, intellectual property and ethical issues.
- You will learn how to assess the current literature, be encouraged to form opinions based on scientific merit, and implement these ideas in future research planning.
- You will be taught by experts in the field of Biotechnology who run active, internationally recognised, research groups here at Glasgow.
- The course involves extensive interaction with industry, through site visits, guest lectures and an "Industrial Networking Symposium" where representatives from the European biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry will discuss their companies and answer your questions on working in the industrial sector.
- This course has a strong laboratory component, with courses that run throughout the year, giving you hands on experience of diverse biotechnological research skills.
- The flexible independent research project provides valuable training for students wishing to proceed to a PhD or into an industrial career; this may also be completed as a business based project.
- Additional programme components include industrial networking sessions and a dedicated career workshop on progression planning.
- Our Masters in Biotechnology provides an advanced practical knowledge of how research and industry are being applied to solve real world problems.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details