A minimum of a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA 3.0 or equivalent) with computing as a major subject.
Months of entry
The Masters in Data Science is a specialist version of the MSc (Computing Science) which will provide you with a thorough grounding in the analysis and use of large data sets together with experience of conducting a substantial development or research project focused on Data Science techniques, preparing you for responsible positions in the Big Data and IT industries.
- We work closely with The Data Lab, an internationally leading research and innovation centre in data science. Established with an £11.3 million grant from the Scottish Funding Council, The Data Lab will enable industry, public sector and world-class university researchers to innovate and develop new data science capabilities in a collaborative environment. Its core mission is to generate significant economic, social and scientific value from data. Our students will benefit from a wide range of learning and networking events that connect leading organisations seeking business analytics skills with students looking for exciting opportunities in this field.
- We currently have 12 funded places to offer to home and EU students.
- The School of Computing Science is ranked 2nd in Scotland (Complete University Guide 2019).
- The School is a member of the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance: SICSA. This collaboration of Scottish universities aims to develop Scotland's place as a world leader in Informatics and Computer Science research and education.
- You will benefit from having 24-hour access to a computer laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art hardware and software.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions