Honours degree or equivalent in geomatics or similar subject.
Those with lower qualifications having significant experience in industry will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
The Masters in Geomatics & Management is aimed at graduates in geomatics (surveying and mapping). It will enhance your career progression in the field of geomatics, and provide you with the necessary skill set to succeed in managerial positions. The combination of geomatics with management offered by this programme has been strongly endorsed by industry.
- If you have a Geomatics background, but with little management experience and you are looking to broaden your knowledge of management while also furthering your knowledge of Geomatics, this programme is designed for you.
- Geography and Environmental Sciences at Glasgow is ranked 7th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2023)
- This programme is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and by EQUIS, when fully completed with the award of an MSc.
- You will be jointly taught by staff from the School of Geographical and Earth Sciences and the Adam Smith Business School and will benefit from their resources and expertise and from an industry-focused curriculum informed by experts in the field and our Geospatial Industry Advisory Board.
- The programme is split into two semesters and a summer session. One semester will be based in the Adam Smith Business School and is aimed at developing knowledge and skills of management principles and techniques. An applied approach is adopted, with an emphasis on an informed critical evaluation of information, and the subsequent application of concepts and tools to the core areas of business and management.
- The semester in Geomatics allows you to focus on land and hydrographic surveying, or GIS and cartography. Your programme will be customised depending on your background and interests.
- While taking advanced courses in Geomatics you will have benefit from access to the latest surveying equipment, including GPS and Terrestrial Laser Scanning, and industry standard processing software, GIS and graphic packages as part of this programme.
- You will attend either a week long survey field course or the three-day GIS Research UK conference as part of the programme (included in fees).
- The School of Geographical & Earth Sciences has an Athena Swan Silver Award, demonstrating the school’s commitment to supporting women in scientific studies and careers, and to improving the working environment for all.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with no subtests under 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions