Normally a good Honours degree (2.1) in a relevant field such as civil engineering, earth or environmental science, geography, mathematics, physics, or planning, but others with some mathematical background will be considered.
Those with a degree in geomatics or a closely related subject or who meet the age and experience criteria of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors can use the programme as a route to a professional qualification or preparation for a research degree and may, under special circumstances, be given exemption from some aspects of the programme.
Months of entry
The Masters in Land & Hydrographic Surveying with Work Placement will introduce you to the surveying discipline and prepare you for employment. Developed with strong support from industry, it builds on our extensive experience of delivering programmes in Geomatics. This programme is ideal if you are seeking employment in the geospatial industry to support construction and mapping projects both onshore and offshore. This version of the programme includes a 6 month work placement in industry, instead of the normal MSc project.
Why this programme?
- We have over 50 years of experience of delivering postgraduate programmes in Geomatics.
- One of very few programmes in the UK focusing on surveying and mapping, and unique in Scotland.
- This programme was developed in close collaboration with industry to meet their employment needs and includes a 6 month work placement in industry.
- If you are seeking a career in geomatics: land, engineering, or hydrographic surveying this programme is for you.
- We have a very strong employment record with many students progressing to senior positions in various companies worldwide.
- This programme meets the academic requirements for membership of relevant professional bodies and is accredited by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Students with will benefit from access to the latest surveying equipment and software including RTK GNSS, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and terrestrial laser scanners.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time15 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions