A 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in law or other subject with at least 50% of the credits in law.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
International Competition Law & Policy provides you with the opportunity to specialise in a vital area of law, which impacts on commerce across the globe. The programme places the law in its economic and commercial context, through detailed coverage of US and EU law, and extensive coverage of the law in China, alongside references to other legal regimes and examples.
- Competition laws are being adopted or revised by increasing numbers of states, feature prominently in regional association agreements, and have an extremely significant impact on global and local business.
- The programme explores offered by the well-established US and EU regimes, which are being challenged by the emergence of China as a significant jurisdiction wielding considerable influence.
- You will engage with the significant international debates about the role of competition law, the difficulties faced by companies complying with different laws, and the possibilities of convergence.
- The programme’s teaching team has considerable experience in the field. The programme leader, Professor Mark Furse, is a recognised expert on competition law with a strong interest in the development of competition law. Dr Florence Thepot is an expert in the role which competition law plays in the digital and online economies. Both publish extensively, and maintain strong national and international links.
- We offer excellent facilities including our dedicated School of Law library; our main University Library also contains our extensive collection of legal materials and official publications with full access to key databases of US, EU and Chinese materials.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This programme provides a unique opportunity to specialise in an increasingly important area of law. The laws of the EU and the US lie at the heart of this programme, but reference is made to the laws of many other jurisdictions.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions