A second class Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject. Professional experience may be taken into account.
Months of entry
Crucial for clinical diagnosis of diseases and appropriate treatment of patients, Biomedical Science is vital to the operation of the NHS and related health industries. Largely based on individual research projects rather than coursework, the MRes allows you to specialise in a particular area of study. Especially useful if you want to proceed to a PhD.
- Accredited by the Royal Society of Biology for the purpose of meeting, in part, the academic and experience requirement for the Membership and Chartered Biologist (CBiol).
- The aim of this programme is to complete two different extensive research projects of your choice allowing you to acquire a wide range of knowledge and skills directly relevant to the study of human disease.
- Receive excellent training in a wide range of modern molecular biology techniques required to enter the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industries or to pursue a career in research.
- Experience the opportunity to specialise in a particular discipline or area.
- Gain valuable practical research experience to complete two extensive research projects.
- If you are aiming to study for a higher biomedical science degree, this programme is designed for you.
- The Mres is also an ideal introduction for overseas students who may wish to proceed to PhD biomedical science studies in the UK.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions