A second class Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject. Professional experience may be taken into account.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This Masters programme in Biomedical Sciences offers research training for those intending to proceed to PhD. It is largely based on individual research projects rather than coursework, and allows you to specialise is a particular area of study.
- Ranked amongst the world top 100 for biological sciences.
- This MRes Biomedical Science provides training in a wide range of modern molecular biology techniques required to pursue a research career.
- You will gain valuable practical research experience by using the skills and techniques acquired during the programme to complete two extensive research projects.
- This programme is distinctive in that students complete two different extensive research projects of their choice, allowing them to acquire a wide range of knowledge and skills directly relevant to the study of human disease.
- If you are aiming to study for a higher biomedical science degree, this programme is designed for you.
- If you want to enter the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, this programme provides excellent training and is an ideal introduction for overseas students who may wish to proceed to PhD biomedical science studies in the UK.
- You can choose to specialise within a particular discipline or area, which can be important for career development, see programme structure below for more information.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions