A Second-class Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject. Professional experience, particularly lab-based work, may be taken into account.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This MSc Biomedical Sciences programme offers research training for students intending to proceed to a career in biomedical sciences, either directly or through a PhD. It is based on taught coursework followed by a research project.
- Ranked amongst world top 100 for biological sciences.
- The programme provides training in a wide range of modern molecular biology techniques required to pursue a research career in biomedical science.
- You will gain valuable practical research experience by using the skills and techniques acquired during the programme to complete an in depth research project.
- If you are aiming to study for a higher degree, or enter a biomedical career, then this programme is designed specifically for you.
- If you want to enter the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, this programme provides excellent training.
- It is an ideal introduction for overseas students who may wish to proceed to PhD studies in the UK, Europe or the USA.
- This course is similar to the MRes Biomedical Sciences, but instead has more teaching in the first part of the programme, and one research project, which starts later in the year. This allows students more time to acquire knowledge and skills before they start their research work.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions