A first degree equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree, normally with a substantial Mathematics component (at least equivalent to Level-1 courses in Mathematics and Level-2 courses in Calculus and Linear Algebra at the University of Glasgow). Graduates who only have the equivalent of A-Level Mathematics can also be admitted to the programme. However such candidates are required to work through self-study material provided and complete a pre-sessional course in Elementary Mathematics (scheduled in the two weeks preceding the start of the teaching period of semester 1).
Previous study of Statistics or Computing Science is not required.
Faster routes are available for those applying to the PGDip or MSc. Please contact Charalampos Chanialidis for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
Whether you are looking to start a career in data science or wanting to further develop your current career, our innovative online Masters programme in Data Analytics provides you with vital data science skills. This skills-based, yet rigorous curriculum provides you both with a thorough foundation in the underlying principles of learning from data and practical technical expertise in data handling, visualisation and modelling. The programme uses cutting-edge learning technology to deliver an interactive and collaborative online learning experience. Community building and collaborative learning is a key focus of our online delivery and you will be encouraged and supported to interact with your fellow classmates and tutors in a variety of ways throughout the duration of the course.
- Statistical analysis and data mining is ranked 2nd in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Hard Skills 2018, Linkedin.
- The Statistics Group at Glasgow is a large group, internationally renowned for its research excellence.
- Our expertise spans topics including: biostatistics and statistical genetics; environmental statistics; statistical methodology; statistical modelling and the scholarship of learning and teaching in statistics.
- You will obtain an MSc degree from a world renowned university while being in full-time employment (around 10 hours of study per week).
- You can personalise your learning by having the freedom to work at your own pace.
- You can take advantage of rich interactive reading material, tutor-led videos and computer-led programming sessions.
Information for international students
Please see the English language Requirements.
Fees and funding
For funding opportunities search the scholarships database.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions