2.1 Honours degree in Economics, Finance, Computing Science or another subject with a quantitative focus.
All courses in this degree require lots of programming and, while prior programming experience is not necessary, you will be expected to gain advanced programming skills in a short time frame.
Months of entry
This programme offers students a multi-disciplinary curriculum that will prepare them for work in all fields of data leading professions related to economics and finance. The key features of the programme include its combination of insights from economics and finance, statistics and computing science with a focus on creating a new generation of professionals who can use data-rigorous methods in order to inform complex decision making and will provide you with a set of skills that are future-proof and always in high demand. The programme is delivered collaboratively with the Adam Smith Business School and the School of Computing Science.
- Join the prestigious Adam Smith business school at an exciting time as we embark on transforming the University of Glasgow into one of the leading institutions worldwide covering the field of Data Analytics.
- Choose from a series of high-quality courses delivered from Economics and Finance in the Adam Smith Business School and the School of Computing Science.
- You will complete advanced training in order to develop data analytic skills in preparation for successful careers in business or industry.
- The programme also provides a solid foundation for PhD study.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in summer project internships with some of our prestigious partners.
- You can gain recognition for extra-curricular activities by joining the Adam Smith Business School’s Graduate Award Scheme.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with 2 sub-tests at 6.5 and 2 sub-tests at 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details