2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject, with at least one course in introductory finance or economics, and introductory accounting and school level mathematics, or at least one course in university level mathematics.
Months of entry
International Financial Analysis aims to develop your awareness and understanding of international finance and financial analysis, preparing you for some of the most competitive financial analysis and investment positions in the global marketplace.
- This programme is part of the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program. It has been acknowledged for incorporating at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK). The knowledge acquired on the programme should position you well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation, which has become the most respected and recognised investment credential in the world.
- The curriculum is industry driven aiming to solidify and expand your knowledge of financial markets and a range of financial products traded therein. It will equip you with analytical tools used in financial analysis so you will be proficient at analysing and interpreting financial information in order to make optimal decisions.
- You will have an opportunity to apply for one of the five CFA scholarships each year- you can take the CFA exam either during the academic year or after you graduate.
- The Adam Smith Business School has a wide range of statistical packages and financial data sources and engines including Bloomberg terminals, WRDS: Compustat, CRSP, Thomson Reuters Insider Data, Datastream and Thomson ONE & Deals.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with 2 sub-tests at 6.5 and 2 sub-tests at 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School