You should have an Honours degree or equivalent in the following disciplines:
- Life sciences, medical or biomedical science, e.g. anatomy, physiology, dentistry or dental technology, forensic anthropology, molecular biological degrees and the allied health professionals
- computer science, 3D visualisation, computer graphics, health informatics, mathematics, and physics
- medical illustration, 3D design, product design, digital media, digital arts, 3D modelling and animation
- or equivalent professional practice. However, high calibre graduates from other disciplines may be considered if they are able to demonstrate an interest and ability in the field of medical visualisation.
Months of entry
This programme is the first taught Masters programme in medical visualisation in the UK. Offered jointly by The University of Glasgow and The Glasgow School of Art, it combines actual cadaveric dissection with 3D digital reconstruction, interaction and visualisation.
- You will examine human anatomy and reconstruct it in a real-time 3D environment for use in education, simulation, and training.
- You will have access to a wide range of digital interaction technologies including virtual and augmented reality, stereographic 3D and haptic devices.
- You will also have access to the Laboratory of Human Anatomy at The University of Glasgow, one of the largest in Europe.
- The programme has excellent industry connections through research and commercial projects. You will benefit from guest lectures by practitioners, researchers and experts from industry.
- This programme is accredited by the Institute of Medical Illustrators.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This programme is the first taught Masters programme in medical visualisation in the UK. Offered jointly by the University of Glasgow and the Glasgow School of Art, it combines actual cadaveric dissection with 3D digital reconstruction, interaction and visualisation.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions