Applicants should have a universally recognised dental qualification and two years post-qualifying, relevant experience.
Months of entry
This Masters programme is designed for dental graduates who wish to develop clinical and research skills in oral and maxillofacial surgery. It will provide you with a qualification which will enable you to extend your clinical diagnostic and treatment skills to a higher level. It will also provide you with a solid grounding in research methodologies.
- You will have access to patients and opportunities to carry out oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures under supervision.
- The University is well recognised as a centre of excellence for research in the fields of 3D imaging, bone bioengineering and orthognathic surgery.
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgery are special interests in the surgical specialties, linked with the renowned oral and maxillofacial surgical service in the city and regional hospitals in the west of Scotland.
- You will have the opportunity to attend all postgraduate lectures in the Dental School which includes invited speakers from the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons in Glasgow and from dental companies.
You will take a core course consisting of basic sciences, health sciences and research sciences.
The clinical component is dedicated to didactic teaching, reflective learning, clinical procedures and hands-on training in oral surgery.
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Oro-facial infections
- Oral pathology
- Local anaesthesia, general anaesthesia, sedation
- Maxillofacial trauma
- Dentofacial deformities
- Cleft and craniofacial deformities
- Temporomandibular disorders
- Head and neck surgery
- Oral medicine.
You will be encouraged to carry out a concise research project using existing facilities alongside our well-established research themes.
Graduates are able to apply for senior house officer posts in the UK, or join a higher research programme leading to PhD qualification.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This programme is designed for dental graduates who wish to develop clinical and research skills in oral and maxillofacial surgery. It will provide you with a qualification which will enable you to extend your clinical diagnostic and treatment skills to a higher level.
Course contact details