2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in a relevant social science or quantitative subject (e.g. urban studies, law, management, economics, accounting and finance). If you are unsure whether your degree is suitable, you can email the programme convener to discuss.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme will deliver a highly regarded professional education in real estate. It has been developed in close consultation with the relevant professional, policy and business communities and is intended to provide an intensive fast-track entry to a professional career. You will have the opportunity to study real estate with a specialism in either housing, international real estate, finance and investment, or regeneration to enable you to tailor your degree to a specific area of real estate surveying.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- If you plan a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Commercial Property or Valuation or Property Finance and Investment or Housing Professional Groups of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), this programme is made for you.
- The programme is professionally accredited by the RICS.
- There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations. We will also support you to arrange professional work placements.
- Specialist pathways will allow to explore a particular area of real estate in more detail. Choose from housing, international real estate, finance and investment, and regeneration.
- An optional field trip to London will provide you with an insight into the complex socio-economic dynamics of city building and design through visits to high profile real estate, planning and regeneration projects. You will have the opportunity to both meet and speak with senior industry professionals and policy-makers involved in the delivery of major urban developments. Past trips have included visits to The Shard, Olympic Park, Crossrail, Battersea Power Station.
§ You will take nine core courses, plus a selection of additional specialist core and optional courses based on your chosen pathway. Core courses in semester 1 focus on theories, principles and policies in urban economics, planning and urban development which are necessary for you to build a thorough understanding of how urban areas and markets function. Through semester 1 you will develop core real estate skills and continue to do so as you specialise more in your chosen pathway during semester 2 and undertake a research dissertation.
Optional courses may include
International Real Estate
Real Estate Finance and Investment
As a graduate you will be in possession of an MSc degree recognised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and can develop your career as a chartered surveyor.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Allison Orr