2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (e.g. a GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant social science or humanities subject.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
- If you plan a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Commercial Property or Valuation or Property Finance and Investment Professional Groups of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), this programme is made for you.
- The programme is professionally accredited by the RICS.
- There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations. We will also support you to arrange professional work placements.
- An optional field trip to London will provide you with an insight into the complex socio-economic dynamics of city building and design through visits to high profile real estate, planning and regeneration projects. You will have the opportunity to both meet and speak with senior industry professionals and policy-makers involved in the delivery of major urban developments. Past trips have included visits to The Shard, Olympic Park, Crossrail, Battersea Power Station.
You will take a series of core courses, choose optional courses and undertake a dissertation or a major project in real estate.
The core semester 1 courses are multi-disciplinary in nature and use lectures, seminars, tutorials and cases studies to focus on the urban development and planning theories, principles and policies which are necessary for you to build a thorough understanding of how urban areas and economics function. In addition, you will gain an appreciation of real estate values and apply valuation and appraisal principles and techniques in practice-based activities.
In semester 2 you will build on this knowledge base by developing core real estate skills, using project, IT lab, field and team work activities and assessments.
- Advanced real estate valuation and appraisal
- Development economics
- Development process
- Global cities
- Governance and markets
- Professional practice, ethics and management
- Real estate markets
- Real estate finance & investment
- Real estate valuation and appraisal.
Optional courses may include
- International real estate markets
- International corporate finance
- Strategic real estate management.
As a graduate you will be in possession of an MSc degree recognised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and can develop your career as a chartered surveyor.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Allison Orr