Applicants should have: A good honours degree in a science or engineering subject AND be currently working in the general field of occupational health and safety OR have appropriate professional qualifications with relevant experience OR other qualifications considered equivalent to the above.
Months of entry
Occupational safety and health aims to prevent accidents, ill-health and other losses arising from work and work activities. The last few years have also seen safety professionals becoming increasingly responsible for environmental issues and, with current concern about climate change, this responsibility will almost certainly grow.
This programme covers all aspects of occupational safety, health and environment. Significant emphasis is placed on learning and research and one of the first courses that students take is Critical Thinking, which provides them with the skills necessary to take full advantage of their studies.
As this is a distance learning programme, students are provided with study guides and supporting texts. Increasing use is made of electronic information sources and an online community is being developed for students. Students are invited to their learning centres at the start of the autumn and spring terms, giving them an opportunity to speak to tutors and other students.
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop the students research and analytical skills
- To develop a wider and more in-depth understanding of occupational health, safety and environment theory and practice.
- Chemical Agents (20 credits)
- Management of Physical Agents (20 credits)
- Environmental Impact and Management (20 credits)
- Ergonomics and Workplace Psychology (20 credits)
- Safety and Risk Management (20 credits)
- The Reflective Practitioner (20 credits)
- Critical Thinking (10 credits)
- Research Methods (10 credits)
- Dissertation (40 credits)
Fees and funding
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000