Applicants should have:
- A good honours degree (2.2 or above) from a UK university or equivalent in the relevant subject
- Plus GCSEs at grade C or above in English, mathematics and science or equivalent. (We accept equivalency tests from Equivalency Testing for Career Development and A Star Equivalency Testing).
We also accept:
- BTEC/National Diploma
- International Baccalaureate
- Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education
Months of entry
Secondary school teachers don't just educate; they shape the futures of young adults. Become a fully qualified secondary school teacher with this School Direct PGCE course.
School Direct involves schools working with accredited teacher training institutions to offer training routes towards Qualified Teacher Status. We have a successful track record of working with schools and develop outstanding teachers who help to transform the lives of young learners. Training places are open to all graduates to support teaching in mathematics, the natural sciences (chemistry, physics and biology), and physical education.
School Direct offers a non-salaried and a salaried programme. The non-salaried programme is a combination of school-based training and university-based modules. Our salaried programme is open to graduates with three years' career experience (not necessarily in education), who will be employed as unqualified teachers. Many of the schools in the south east employ our trainees, with very high graduate employment rates.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 020 8331 9000