Applicants should have: A BSc honours degree normally at 2.1 or above in biotechnology, molecular biology or related subjects. OR equivalent qualifications OR substantial experience. • Students who do not have English as their first language, must have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above or an equivalent rating in another recognised language testing system. • Alternatively, students can enter via the University of Greenwich International Pre-Masters' Programme. • Applicants from other backgrounds may be considered.
Months of entry
This is a multidisciplinary degree that brings together aspects of chemistry, biology and cell biology. The courses are carefully tailored to cover the knowledge in key fields such as gene therapy, drug design, genomics, proteomics, genetic engineering for plants, animals and micro-organisms, and bioinformatics. The purpose of this programme is to serve the needs of international and local students who require additional training relevant to their professional development.
This degree provides a programme of study for appropriately qualified and experienced graduates. It produces graduates with a critical, analytical and flexible approach to problem solving, enhancing laboratory and professional competence and enabling students to work independently and use their initiative in solving the diverse problems they encounter.
Our MSc Biotechnology programme helps you to obtain a creative attitude to the development and manufacture of biotechnology products. The intention is that skills and knowledge can be more readily transferred to professional activities.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with subject-specific knowledge, as well as a critical, analytical and flexible approach to problem solving in the field of biotechnology
- To provide students with enhanced practical and professional skills and thus prepare them effectively for professional employment or doctoral studies in the field of biotechnology
- To enable students to work independently and use initiative to solve the diverse problems they may encounter
- To instill a critical awareness of advances at the forefront of biotechnology.
- Research Methods and Data Management (30 credits)
- Applied Molecular Biology (30 credits)
- Bioinformatics (30 credits)
- Research Project (60 credits)
- One option chosen from: An Introduction to Transgenic Crops; Pharmaceutical Biotechnology (30 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiry Unit
- 020 8331 9000
- 020 8331 8145