Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should have:
- A BSc honours degree normally at 2.1 or above in biotechnology, molecular biology or related subjects; or
- Equivalent qualifications; or
- Substantial experience.
Months of entry
This is a multidisciplinary degree that brings together aspects of chemistry, biology and cell biology. The modules are carefully tailored to cover the knowledge in key fields such as:
- Gene therapy
- Drug design
- Genetic engineering for plants
- Animals and micro-organisms
This degree produces graduates with a critical, analytical and flexible approach to problem solving, enhancing laboratory and professional competence and enabling students to work independently and use their initiative in solving the diverse problems they encounter.
The programme helps you to obtain a creative attitude to the development and manufacture of biotechnology products. The intention is that skills and knowledge can be more readily transferred to professional activities.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with subject-specific knowledge, as well as a critical, analytical and flexible approach to problem solving in the field of biotechnology
- To provide students with enhanced practical and professional skills and thus prepare them effectively for professional employment or doctoral studies in the field of biotechnology
- To enable students to work independently and use initiative to solve the diverse problems they may encounter
- To instil a critical awareness of advances at the forefront of biotechnology.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000