Applicants should have:
- An honours degree normally at 2:2 or above
- Current NMC Registration for nursing (first level)
- Community experience (minimum 6 months, preferably 2 years).
- Students for this programme require a mentor or practice teacher and are usually seconded or supported by their employer to undertake the programme"
Months of entry
Do you have the leadership qualities to become a district nurse and inspire your own team in the community? Our postgraduate diploma will support your ambitions.
This one-year qualification is for nurses who wish to pursue a career as a specialist practitioner in district nursing. We combine the study of health, policy, research and evidence-based practice to focus your career. You will explore and debate policy, theory and research related to district nursing.
Our expert tutors help you develop the required knowledge and skills to deliver patient care in district nursing services. You will learn essential leadership skills and how to head up your own team of staff responsible for this provision. Nursing skills theory is taught and assessed in our four laboratories on campus, which provide a safe and protected environment for your learning.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000