Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- That applicants are registered with the HCPC as a paramedic
- A degree (e.g. BSc (Hons)) usually at lower second class or above – those who do not have a degree, or equivalent, are expected to evidence successful completion of at least 30 credits of Level 7 study.
- Meet any pre-requisites identified in the individual DMDs of each module studied.
Months of entry
This part-time MSc in Advanced Paramedic Practice is a fantastic opportunity to develop as an advanced paramedic in a variety of clinical settings. For students taking specific modules, the programme incorporates two pathways for the aspiring advanced paramedic:
- Primary and Urgent Care
- Emergency and Critical Care
Each pathway includes core and optional modules, providing the opportunity to develop your knowledge and clinical skills and prepare you for clinical practice as an Advanced Paramedic.
For current students enrolled on the MSc Paramedic Science programme you can transfer to this new programme and exit with an MSc Advanced Paramedic Practice, or if you chose specific modules you can exit with either of the above pathways.
Why should I choose this course
- Learn from a multi-professional faculty of clinical experts.
- Study flexibly on this part-time programme, whilst maintaining clinical practice.
- Access to a range of clinical settings for practice placement experience, to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
- Undertake research, supported by our Professor of Paramedic Science, to drive change and improvement in practice.
Fees and funding
Modules are priced at £745.00 per 15-credits. The prices relates to self-funding students assessed as UK/EU students for fee purposes. Prices may differ for students that are assessed as Overseas, or for returning students that are on a course leading to an award
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Will Broughton