- First degree at 2:1 or above, achieved during nurse training (Part 1 of United Kingdom NMC register: Adult)
- Evidence of study of research methods
All applicants need to have completed 10 years general school education before the start of the programme.
All applicants must demonstrate that they have good health and good character, sufficient for safe and effective practice as a midwife.
The University and Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) require the following:
- Satisfactory enhanced DBS screening
- Satisfactory Occupational Health screening
- Two satisfactory references (see below)
When you apply for the Master of Midwifery Shortened Programmes please ensure that you include:
- personal statement: make it clear that you are an Adult Registered Nurse, and whether your programme included research methods.
- references: one employer and one academic reference required: to include information about your character. Your first referee will need to provide a reference with your online application and if you are successful at interview your second referee may send a reference to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may provide a hard copy from your referee in a sealed envelope that has been signed and dated by your referee, across the seal.
For more information on the course and how to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
This fast-paced workbased learning course is designed to prepare students midwifery nursing prior to registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council's (NMC) Professional Register.
Upon graduating students will be qualified as a Newborn Infant Physical Examination practitioner.
Funding is available for this course. You'll also receive salary support whilst studying!
Information for international students
If you do not have the required level of English for entry, our academic English and foundation courses can help you to achieve this level.
For support with your application please email our admissions team: email@example.com
Fees and funding
This course enables you to have tuition fees paid for by Health Education England
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time20 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Radica Hardyal
- 01707 284 000