- A first degree in a related discipline, although applicants with evidence of equivalent professional/academic experience will be considered
- Normally two years full time (or equivalent) experience within a relevant field of practice
- Normally employed in a relevant area of practice whilst enrolled on the programme
Months of entry
This programme offers the opportunity to study all aspects of Simulation as way of providing education and training to others, whilst grounding it firmly in a sound evidence based knowledge of educational theory and practice. You will have the opportunity to study all aspects of the theory and practice of health and medical education in the workplace, the design, and delivery of scenarios and simulation sessions, planning simulation facilities, programming simulators. You will also have the opportunity to study medical emergencies and managing risk, leadership and teamwork, business skills, and evidence based practice.
On a masters programme you will gain many different skills and a lot of knowledge. The main aims of this programme is to:
- Provide you with the knowledge and skills required to utilize high and low fidelity simulation as a training and educational tool to improve the knowledge and skills of participants
- Enable you to empower others to transfer learning acquired in simulation scenarios to the workplace in order to improve services and increase patient safety
- Enable you to evaluate the effectiveness of your teaching in simulation on the knowledge and skills of other health care practitioners in order to increase patient safety and improve the quality of services
- Enable you to critically appraise best evidence in order to inform your educational and training practice in simulation
Information for international students
Overseas students will need to satisfy the University's English language requirement of IELTS 6.5 or above (or TOEFL equivalent).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1707 284000