Entry requirements and key information
- Good Bachelor’s degree (minimum 2.2 or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience in the area of public health may be considered in place of a degree
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English with minimum grade C or IELTS score of 7.0 (minimum of 6.5 in any band)
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics with minimum grade C
For candidates who have no formal qualifications, candidates will be required to complete a number of selection activities which may include:
- Completion of a self-assessment questionnaire based on the competency requirement of the Faculty of Public Health
- Submission of a short written discussion about a public health peer-reviewed article (which will be supplied to the candidate)
- Participation in an interview
- Copies of the front and back of your undergraduate degree transcript and certificate
- Your CV
- English language GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent - you should have a score of 7.0 overall if presenting an IELTS test)
- Mathematics GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Substantial personal statement about why you want to study this programme, what you hope to gain from the course and where you see your future development taking your career
- Copy of the photo page of your passport
- One academic or professional reference.
Find out more about international entry requirements
Months of entry
- MPH Public Health with Extended Placement enables you to develop your knowledge and skills during your placement. Throughout the course you'll combine the work of public health theory, practice and research.
- The University of Hertfordshire was ranked 2nd in the East of England for Social Policy (2023 Complete University Guide).
- You'll be taught by Public Health experts within Life and Medical Science, Nursing and Social Work and The Business School at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Other MPH pathways include Online; One-Year; and Advanced Research options.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
MPH Pathways include:
Course contact details
- Dr Marvelle Brown
- 01707 284 000