Applicants should have:
- An honours degree (2:2 or higher) in a relevant subject such as Education, SEND, Childhood Studies, Social Sciences, Coaching, Mentoring or Counselling or other related fields.
- Other degree qualifications will be considered depending upon relevant professional experience in an educational context such as schools and colleges. Overseas awards need to be recognised as equivalent by NARIC
- English language GCSE Grade 4 (iGCSE Grade C) or above or equivalent
- a short personal statement (no more than 500 words) explaining why you are interested in education and any relevant experience (professional or voluntary) that might support your application
- a work or academic reference.
For country specific qualifications, please visit our Your Country page.
Many of our students join our Programme having already gained 'M-Level' or 'Level 7' credit from previous master’s level study – for example from a PGCE or accredited short course. Such credit in relevant subjects may be considered for accreditation through the APCL process and thereby exempt students from specific modules on our MA Programme.
Non-accredited masters level study in relevant subjects may be accredited through the APEL process. This must be completed prior to beginning study on the programme.
Months of entry
MA Education is a broad supportive programme designed to support students into their dream career across a range of professional capacities working in education.
Information for international students
- All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency, equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in Writing and 6.0 in all other bands.
- If you do not have the required IELTS or equivalent for direct entry on to your degree programme, our Pre-sessional English may help you to achieve this level.
- More information about English language qualifications are available on our international pages.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Antony Quinlan
- 01707 284 000