Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) in any subject or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Applicants with other professional qualifications and/or experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- In exceptional cases students with no appropriate qualifications but relevant work experience, who can demonstrate ability to benefit from postgraduate study, will be considered on an individual basis. Candidates’ suitability will be assessed in line with the University’s Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning procedures.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
We aspire to help you develop your knowledge and understanding of core economic theories and principles, in order to apply these to policy making and resource allocation scenarios.If you aspire to develop a career in economics, business, government, finance or media and the voluntary sector, our course will help prepare you for a wide variety of careers that require advanced economic analytical skills.
- This conversion course is ideal if you’ve not previously studied economics but want to develop the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in business and finance.
- The course covers the fundamentals of how economies operate around the world, and enables you to make sense of the numbers behind the markets.
- You’ll have the opportunity to practice live share dealing in our Trading Room.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop your analytical skills through the study of econometrics and deepen your understanding of the global economy
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472956