Entry requirements for this course are normally:
An Honours degree (2:2 or above) in Economics, Accountancy, Finance, Maths or Statistics. It is not necessary to have a first degree in Economics, Business Economics or Financial Economics. However, through the application process you must demonstrate prior study at Bachelors level of either:
- Economics or
- A quantitative subject (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Accountancy, Finance).
Many of the concepts on this course involve mathematical techniques, therefore you are expected to have a working knowledge of calculus and should know the basics of vectors and matrices, probability and statistics.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
We aspire to help you develop your knowledge and understanding of core economic theories and principles, in order to apply these to policy making and resource allocation scenarios. If you aspire to develop a career in economics, business, government, finance or media and the voluntary sector, our course will help prepare you for a wide variety of careers that require advanced economic analytical skills.
• This conversion course is ideal if you’ve not previously studied economics but want to develop the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in business and finance.
• The course covers the fundamentals of how economies operate around the world, and enables you to make sense of the numbers behind the markets.
• You’ll have the opportunity to practice live share dealing in our Trading Room with Bloomberg Market Concepts.
• You’ll have the opportunity to develop your analytical skills through the study of econometrics and deepen your understanding of the global economy
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472956