Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for Professional Practice courses are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent professional qualification, in any subject
- Applicants with other appropriate professional qualifications and/or experience will be considered on an individual basis
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum of IELTS is 7.0 overall with no element lower than 6.5 (a minimum of TOEFL 550 (Computer Based Toefl 213) score) or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course is specifically aimed at International students, supporting those wishing to gain practical work based experiential learning. Together with studying your chosen course we are offering an additional 6-month placement opportunity, making the course 18 months in length. This allows students to put into practice the skills and techniques developed throughout the Master’s degree within a UK environment after completing the 12-month taught programme.
Fintech (Financial Technology) is a concept which is rooted in technology and finance. It is used as a term which applies to disruption, innovation and efficiency in the financial sector. This has become possible through the use of technology which helps companies manage their activities in finance. These activities are underpinned by the introduction of distributed ledger technology also known as the Blockchain, Big Data analytics and data visualisation. These tools have acted as the catalyst for a significant amount of disruption in the financial services industry. To understand fintech is to have a good grasp of innovation, data management, visualisation, Blockchain and online business models.
This course at Huddersfield Business school brings together theory and knowledge from the fields of computing, financial theory, ethics and management science to give students an understanding of the innovative and disruptive challenges currently taking place in this environment. The course takes the view that companies are continually looking to develop competitive advantage, hence, our fintech course is an ideal programme which encourages disruption and forward thinking.
- You'll investigate finance theories and their application and you will look at how technology such as the Blockchain and Big Data can inform innovation within financial activities.
- The course is supported with our state-of-the-art Trading Room which is equipped with Professional software, providing up-to-date market data and financial analysis tools giving you a feel for how real investment decisions are made in industry and to learn how to deal responsibly with financial and economic market data.
- The 18-month route has the opportunity to undertake a 6-month placement element at the end of the 12 month taught programme.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472956