Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) in Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or similar, or in a closely related science subject area such as physics or mathematics or an equivalent professional qualification.
You are also encouraged to apply if you have other qualifications and/or experience and can demonstrate that you are equipped with knowledge and skills equivalent to Honours degree level.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This advanced course has been developed in consultation with industry and is supported by our internationally recognised academic and research staff and the industry standard facilities based in our Centre for Precision Technologies (CPT).
This course will enable you as a graduate or an engineer from industry, to acquire the key skills to operate effectively in a modern engineering manufacturing environment. In the context of this course, the engineering manufacturing industry is defined as:
- industries that manufacture or use machine tools and automated equipment for the production of precision engineering components.
- the process industries where process control systems and measurement instrumentation are also very important.
Our facilities include an impressive range of professionally equipped laboratories for control, electrical, electronic and communications projects. In addition we also have:
- computer numerical control (CNC) machine tool facility,
- metrology laboratory for aspiring engineers wishing to undertake projects related to manufacturing control.
- computing laboratories equipped with industry standard software for measurement control and for computer aided engineering applications.
With our support you will develop the practical skills and expert knowledge required to succeed in roles in technical design, development and project management in the areas of controls systems and instrumentation; improving your technical effectiveness and preparing you for roles in management.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 473116