Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- A degree or an equivalent professional qualification. Suitably experienced applicants without a degree will be considered.
In addition you must also have:
- Relevant experience in a paid or voluntary basis.
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and health clearances.
- Complete a satisfactory interview.
- International applicants must be available for interview in person or via Skype.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course is for those seeking a professional qualification in Career Guidance. You’ll have the opportunity to take the Qualification in Career Development (QCD) - the nationally recognised professional qualification awarded by the Career Development Institute (CDI) - alongside the postgraduate diploma. You’ll learn about policy, practice and theories underpinning career guidance, equality and diversity, partnership working and research-based practice.
Why Career Guidance and Development?
- The course can lead to a wide variety of interesting and rewarding career prospects in the career guidance and development sector including higher and further education careers and employability services, secondary education and third sector organisations. You can find out more via the CDI.
- This course is available on a one year full-time or two years part-time basis. Successful completion of the course can result in the Career Development Institute approved career guidance professional qualification (the Qualification in Career Development or QCD).
- Students who do not wish to commit to the full MA may choose to study the Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) which also leads to the award of the QCD.
- Huddersfield has been teaching career guidance courses for over 40 years and has established a strong national reputation in the sector. You’ll also have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 478261