Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) in English, humanities or in a foreign language or an equivalent professional qualification.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
January, April, September
This course is for UK and international graduates with no or limited professional teaching experience planning a career in English language teaching.
- You’ll develop your understanding of English language classroom practice from an international perspective, including lesson planning, development of learning resources and teaching and assessment methods, all of which prepares you for teaching across the globe.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop research and evaluation skills and learn how to apply these to a range of professional contexts.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers and have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
You can gain interim awards at Postgraduate Certificate level or Postgraduate Diploma level during your studies. Should you decide to leave the course early you may be awarded one of these awards.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 478249