Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- You must be a Health or Social Care Practitioner, registered with a professional body such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) with at least 12 months post-registration employment.
- Have an honours degree at 2:2 or above, have studied at honours level or can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at honours degree standard. We will consider other qualifications and experience on an individual case basis.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at professionals who are working in the field or have a particular interest in palliative and end of life care, as well as those working with individuals living with life limiting illnesses. It provides you with the opportunity to consolidate and enhance your knowledge and understanding of effective palliative/end of life care.
- The course is aligned with the End of Life Core Skills Education and Training Framework (NHS England)
- It has been developed in partnership with Kirkwood hospice.
- Learning will be focussed towards enhancing your knowledge, skills and the essential attributes required to drive high quality care for the individual with palliative care needs, whilst encompassing the care and support of families and loved ones in a variety of health and social care settings.
Throughout your studies emphasis will be placed on the holistic assessment of the individual and the development of management plans from which optimum end of life care can be delivered. Legal and ethical requirements will also be examined within the context of end of life care and their implications for practice.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472699