Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Be a Health or Social Care Practitioner, registered with a professional body such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Have an honours degree at 2:2 or above, have studied at honours level or can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at honours degree standard. We will consider other qualifications and experience on an individual case basis.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at all health and social care professionals who would like to develop or enhance their leadership and management skills. It offers you an opportunity to design and implement a service improvement project with the support and guidance of your peers and an experienced leadership mentor from practice.
- You will develop your knowledge of leadership and management theories and strategies, enabling you to ethically manage people and resources and work in partnership with others to lead and develop services.
- During your studies you will explore how services are developed and commissioned as well as evaluate the role of the leader in lobbying and influencing change within the care arena.
- You will study alongside a diverse range of students from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds, bringing a richness to the course which will enhance your learning.
Prior to commencing the course, you will be required to identify a suitably qualified work based mentor.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472199