Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- A first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant human or health related subject
- Provide a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and health clearances
- A conditional offer will be made upon completion of an APEL portfolio
- GCSE Maths at grade 4 or above, or grade C or above if awarded under the previous GCSE grading scheme
- Relevant prior experience in a health environment
- Potential to study at master’s level
- Evidence of recent study (within 5 years)
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
January, April, September
This exciting new course provides an opportunity for those who have already undertaken a health related degree to undertake paramedic education. Paramedics are an integral and ever evolving part of the NHS workforce and work as autonomous practitioners, able to conduct complex examinations and undertake diagnostic management procedures. Paramedics work in a multitude of environments, providing urgent and emergency care to patients across the lifespan.
- This two-year programme is the first of its kind in the North of England and was developed in conjunction with the Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust.
- It provides strong post course employability as a Newly Qualified Paramedic (NQP).
- The course provides a wealth of practice placement opportunities in both ambulance and non-ambulance settings.
- This pre-registration course enables you to commence study at Masters level, the first of its kind within the North of England to offer this paramedic course
Master’s level students are expected to engage with more complex concepts, beyond that of a Bachelor degree and learners are required to be complete practitioners, capable of leading change and improving service quality.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472272