Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- You must be a registered Health Care Practitioner, working in a Health and Social Care setting where patients with minor illness are present.
- You must be registered with a relevant statutory body such as the NMC or HCPC if you would like to undertake modules linked to UK professional body recognition.
- Have a good honours degree, or equivalent professional qualification appropriate to that of the proposed programme to be followed.
- Have access to a clinical educator and be able to negotiate access to a 3 week clinical placement per module to support application of theory to practice and assess competence
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at healthcare professionals working in a setting where patients present with minor illness and/or minor injuries. It provides the knowledge and skills required to assess, diagnose and treat minor illness and injury whilst recognising limitations of practice and the need for referral as appropriate.
- Specific cross-cutting themes such history taking, clinical decision making and examination skills will be integrated throughout the course elements.
- You will have opportunity to study with colleagues from other disciplines and specialties and engage in simulation-based learning activities to develop team work and critical understanding.
- The course content is informed by evidence-based guidelines and research and aims to encourage clinical and professional development.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472699