A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) or above in a natural, environmental, physical, management or social science subject. We welcome applications if you have a background in engineering, environmental management and sciences, management and business, psychology and product design. We strive to provide a diverse and inspiring learning environment and encourage applicants from across the globe and from people at any point in their career. If you are a mature applicant without a first degree or with a lower degree classification, you may be considered on the basis of your relevant industry experience and your potential for benefiting from this course.
Months of entry
If you have a positive vision of the future, want to lead innovation and do business better – either across a large organisation or through your own startup – then the MSc in Sustainability and Business is ideal for you.
Uniquely based outside of a business school, we are preparing you, the next generation of innovators, to think, develop and reinvent sustainable enterprises in an increasingly challenging world.
Learn what shapes the relationships between business, environment and society, and how individuals and organisations can address social and environmental problems by means of creating and developing new businesses and innovation.
You'll develop specialist skills to meet the growing need for sustainable entrepreneurship and innovation. Although large corporations are more visible, real innovation in sustainability is emerging and being driven by new businesses.
- Leading in the field for 10 years, you will be taught by leading experts from the Sustainability Research Institute (SRI) – one of the largest academic groups of sustainability experts in the world.
- Uniquely based outside a business school – you will focus on how sustainability leads business practice, and use key inter-disciplinary research methods and approaches that relate to environmental management and corporate social responsibility.
- Join a truly global School – think beyond Leeds and gain a wider perspective by studying alongside students and academics from across the world.
- Choose a wide range modules taught by experts from Leeds University Business School.
- Gain practical experience and apply classroom-based learning first-hand in a developing country context by choosing an optional overseas field course. Essential for anyone considering working in an international capacity.
Information for international students
We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications. For information contact the School of Earth and Environment admissions team.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0)113 343 8109