A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) or above in a natural, environmental, physical, management or social science subject. We welcome applications if you have a background in engineering, environmental management and sciences, management and business, psychology and product design. We strive to provide a diverse and inspiring learning environment and encourage applicants from across the globe and from people at any point in their career. If you are a mature applicant without a first degree or with a lower degree classification, you may be considered on the basis of your relevant industry experience and your potential for benefiting from this course.
Months of entry
You will examine the ways in which businesses can improve their environmental performance and enhance their social responsibility.
Gain a well-grounded and critical understanding of the factors that shape the relationships between business, environment and society, and understand the wide range of policy frameworks and management initiatives that relate to environmental management and corporate social responsibility.
Examine perspectives from government, business and stakeholder groups (such as pressure and community groups), drawing on the expertise of researchers, practitioners and researchers.
During your studies, you will be introduced to a range of management tools and shown how they are applied in practical situations. Examine the factors that shape the success or failure of these initiatives – both from a corporate as well as a societal perspective.
This course is ideal if you wish to develop corporate responsibility strategies and enhance an organisation’s social and environmental contributions. It can also lead you to careers in government or non-governmental organisations working in partnership with, or trying to influence business practice.
- Leading in the field for 10 years, you will be taught by leading experts from the Sustainability Research Institute (SRI) – one of the largest academic groups of sustainability experts in the world.
- Uniquely based outside a business school – you will focus on how sustainability leads business practice, and use key inter-disciplinary research methods and approaches that relate to environmental management and corporate social responsibility.
- Join a truly global School – think beyond Leeds and gain a wider perspective by studying alongside students and academics from across the world.
- Choose a wide range modules taught by experts from Leeds University Business School.
- Gain practical experience and apply classroom-based learning first-hand in a developing country context by choosing an optional overseas field course. Essential for anyone considering working in an international capacity.
Information for international students
We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications. For information contact the School of Earth and Environment admissions team.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0)113 343 8109